HAPPY INDEPENCE DAY



Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY - JULY 4TH *** HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Le thi Khanh July 01 Huynh t Bich Lien july 23 ******* Mến chúc Các Bạn vui ngày sinh nhật cùng gia đình ,nhiều sức khoẻ và luôn may mắn NgocDung và nhom peda 67

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Hotel Bill

                                                            

Next time you think your hotel bill is too high, you might want to consider this:
My wife and I were trave
lling by car from Brighton to London.

Being Seniors, after almost eleven hours on the road, we were too tired to continue, and decided to take a room. We only planned to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road. When we checked out four  hours later, the desk clerk handed us a bill for £1400.00. 
 
I exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. I told the clerk although it was a nice hotel; the rooms certainly weren't worth £1400.00 for four hours! He told me that £1400.00 was the 'standard rate'. I insisted on speaking to the Manager. 

The Manager appeared, listened to me, and explained that the hotel 
had an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were 
available for us to use.  'But we didn't use them," I said.' 'Well, they 
are here, and you could have," he said.
He went on to explain that we could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel was famous. "We have the best entertainers from New York , Hollywood , and all over the world perform here," he informed me.

"But we didn't go to any of those shows," I said.
"Well, we have them, and you could have," the Manager replied

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, I answered,
"But we didn't use it!"
The Manager was unmoved, and eventually I gave up and agreed to pay.                                                          
I wrote a cheque and gave it to him.
The Manager was surprised when he looked at the cheque. "But sir, this cheque is only made out for £200.00." ''That's correct. I charged you £1200.00 for sleeping with my wife," I replied.

"But I didn't!" exclaimed the Manager.

I said, "Well, too bad, she was here, and you could have."
(Don't mess with Senior Citizens! :)
suu tam
MNLam
Cali
 

No comments: